Science-Fiction has a legacy of making introspective observations about humanity through the lens of fantastical entertainment. The hope is that my blog will be both thought-provoking and entertaining. It's about more than just aliens.

Monday, December 13, 2010

Let Your Geek Flag Fly

I change my ringtone about once a week. Gotta change things up, ya know? So I was trying to decide what to set as my ringtone for this week. I usually use theme songs from my favorite TV shows and movies. And, of course, they are typically science-fiction in genre.

So I was scrolling through, listening to each one, painstakingly attempting to make an impossible decision. First, I thought I wanted Stargate SG-1, for posterity's sake.

Then I decided I wanted to do more to help Save Caprica and use their theme song.

Then I thought I would go old school let my inner X-Phile out again.

Then I thought maybe I would show my support for a currently airing (not to mention fabulous) show, Fringe.

Finally, I settled on my all-time favorite science-fiction show. I decided to support The Doctor.

During my deliberation of the best possible choice, I was considering how well I would be able to hear each ringtone. Then it occurred to me that if it was loud enough for me to hear it well, others around me would hear it well, wherever I was, also. And then it hit me. I am going to be letting my geek flag fly! 

So follow the links in this post or google some yourself, or download them on your phones with whatever app you use, etc etc... but remember to choose well and use your phone to let your geek flag fly high!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Then, make it so.